Happy Spooky Season!
Over at Greener Nutrition, we firmly believe that the Holiday seasons should be enjoyed with your favourite foods. This, of course, includes the typically deemed ‘not-so-healthy’ ones. Because what is Halloween without some pumpkin inspired snacks?
I love a good cookie, and these vegan and gluten free Spooky Pumpkin Almond Cookies are no exception. They are chewy, squidgy and the perfect spoooooky treat to present at your next Halloween party.
Spooky Pumpkin Almond Cookies (Vegan, GF)Course: Dessert, SnacksCuisine: Cookies, HalloweenDifficulty: Easy
Spooky Halloween Pumpkin Almond Cookies. GF/DF. Soft and squidgy pumpkin-inspired cookies.
2tbsp vegan butter
1/2cup brown sugar
1/4cup pumpkin purée
1/4cup almond butter
1tsp vanilla extract
1/2tsp baking soda
2cups almond flour/ground almonds
Black fondant icing
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Using a hand mixer, mix the butter and sugar in bowl until well mixed.
- Add in the vanilla extract, pumpkin purée and almond butter and mix with the hand mixer until well formed.
- Add in the baking soda and salt and stir.
- Sieve the almond flour into the the mixture and stir until well mixed.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop medium sized cookie balls onto a sheet of baking paper. Using the back of the spoon, flatten the cookies into circles. Add a small ‘stalk’ to give pumpkin look.
- Leave cookie dough in the fridge for approx. 1hr. This will reduce the chance of them spreading in the oven and losing their circular shape.
- After an hour in the fridge, bake the cookies in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from oven and place on cooling rack. Leave to cool for approx. 10 minutes.
- Whilst cooling, cut out shapes of choice for pumpkin faces from rolled out black icing.
- Decorate, and enjoy!
For more recipes like this one, go to the Greener Nutrition Instagram page at http://www.instagram.com/greener.nutrition and sign up to my mailing list to have more recipes emailed straight into your inbox!